I will pay $25
Assistive Technology Interview
For your Final Project, you will apply your knowledge of AT and its benefit to individuals with special needs by interviewing an AT specialist either in a public school setting (elementary/middle/high), a therapy center (Sylvan, Huntington, speech & language therapy clinic), a private school, a federally funded center (Head Start, ARC, regional center), or another setting approved by your instructor. Your interview can take place in person, over the phone, or through electronic correspondence.
You will need to ask a minimum of ten interview questions relating to AT devices and their use to support students with individual needs. You must be sure to touch on each of the topics listed below and ensure that the interviewee provides a detailed response. Include follow up questions when appropriate.
- Choice of technology.
- How is the technology implemented?
- Funding (Did they receive grants? Where did the funds come from? How were funds allocated?)
- Population served.
- Who is impacted? (Is there a universal impact or does it affect one student?)
- Incorporation into the curriculum
- How is training offered for the device(s)?
- How are the technology devices maintained? (What happens if one breaks?)
- Review likes and dislikes.
- Do they have any way to track whether it is beneficial to student learning? If so, how do they track this information? If not, why do they not have any way to track whether it is beneficial to student learning and how could they track this information?
Interview Evaluation: Prepare a presentation that summarizes the responses from your technology representative and analyzes the school’s application of assistive technology in supporting students with a disability. The presentation must also include recommendations and justifications for additional assistive technology based on their specific student demographics. Finally, you will describe how you can apply what you have learned during the interview process, in your current or future career, specific to instructional technology and working with students with a disability.
Organizing the Presentation: The presentation can be formatted using any of the previous options or resources shared during the course. You may choose a video, document, narrated PowerPoint, or blog, or you may choose your own way of presenting your findings, but it must be approved by your instructor. You must incorporate at least two forms of media into your presentation including (but not limited to) images, audio, video or web links. Your assignment must be written at a graduate level using APA formatting, and it must thoroughly address each of the interview topics. However, due to the flexible option for presentation, there is no required page limit. When appropriate, a title page or slide must be included and proper APA citations must be used for any sources or reference pages.