The case called “Talley Guitars” sets the stage for this writing assignment to critically analyze a global problem faced by managers who function internationally. Please reference the section called “Apply Your Skills: Case for Critical Analysis” on pp. 138–139 of the Daft textbook.
A global workplace environment can be done in face-to-face interactions or conducted through virtual meetings and communication. Either way, it can be difficult when organizational members interact with different cultural perspectives. Thoroughly read the scenario of “Talley Guitars” on pp. 138–139. Be prepared to draw from insights you gained in reading “GLOBE Project Value Dimensions” on pp. 128–130, that describe how you can apply cultural literacy in your own personal and professional environments.
Include your assessment of the global management potential of the parties involved.
Step 3: Write and submit your paper
The next step is to compose a 2-page paper that analyzes your own management aptitude and management theories that you could apply in a contemporary organizational context.
Introduction: What is the objective or purpose in studying and analyzing a case study and applying learning lessons from the text?
Problem: Identify the problem(s) in the situational context. Why do different people see problems in a different way? Explain and give examples.
Analysis: In your analysis, draw insights gained from the GLOBE Project Values Dimensions (pp. 128–130) as you describe how you can enhance your cultural literacy in professional settings to identify and manage cultural differences.
Integration: Evaluate how your management skills are advancing and how you will apply your knowledge to integrate people working in a global team environment. Apply knowledge gained in “What Are Your Social Values.”
Conclusion: Summarize the key learning lessons that you will take from this assignment.
Review the components below and the grading rubric for this assignment before you begin writing your paper. Construct and write your paper with subheadings that connect to the key components below. This is a sound structural strategy to guide performance of your critical thinking.
Title your paper: “Talley Guitars: A Critical Analysis of a Global Problem”
- Reference Page
- Your assignment should have a title page with the following information: Title of the paper, your name, course number and section number, and date.
- Your paper should include an introduction and conclusion.
- It must be in current APA format with citations to your sources, and your reference page should list all references used.
- Ensure you are properly paraphrasing from your sources. See instructions on how to access resources on paraphrasing and writing in the Tool Tips tab.
- You must use at least two scholarly, high-quality, and current sources in addition to your course materials. Peer-reviewed academic articles, articles published in journals, textbooks. Collection” database from the Library are examples of high-quality resources. See instructions on how to access the database in the Tool Tips tab.
- Note that Wikipedia, Investopedia, etc. are not considered as reliable resources for this research.