Using SMART goals helps you ensure that the goals you set are ones you can realistically achieve.
Using the SMART Goals Template [DOCX], write three SMART goals for your future: one personal goal, one professional goal, and one academic goal. When writing these goals, try to make them:
- As specific as possible.
- Measurable (How will you know they have been accomplished?)
- Achievable, realistic, and attainable.
- Relevant to what matters to you (they may align with other goals you have).
- Timely (The goals should have a target date for completion.)
Here are two examples:
- I want to increase my salary from $30,000 to $55,000 a year by December 2022.
- I want to receive a promotion to Call Center Manager by December 2021