Prepare an 8-page APA style paper using at least 5 resources from this course and at least 3 additional peer reviewed resources. Follow the writing requirements for this course. Include an introduction and conclusion in the paper. Remember to use APA formatted headings for each section of the paper and provided in text citations of the sources you use.
This paper should address the following questions:
(1) Does Blockchain technology have the potential to cause the paradigm shift in business practices that many experts are predicting? Explain why or why not. Support your answer with research.
(2) Is there evidence to suggest that Blockchain technology will change the way HR is practiced? If there is, discuss that evidence. If there is not, what issues exist that impede its adoption?
(3) Which functions of human resource management could be most impacted by Blockchain technology? How might the HR functions change? Support your answer with research.
Use the following headings to organize your paper: Introduction, Blockchain and Business Practices, Blockchain’s Adoption in HR, Blockchain and HR Functions, Conclusion.
Course writing requirements:
- References MUST be cited within your paper in APA format. Your reference page and in-text citations must match 100%. Papers without in-text citations will earn failing grades.
- Always include a cover page and reference page with ALL submissions (even initial discussion posts)
- Provide the EXACT web link on the reference page citations for all online sources – do not provide just the home page, but the EXACT LINK – I check all sources
- No abbreviations, no contractions – write formally
- Write in the third person formal voice (no first or second person pronouns)
- Write MORE than the minimum requirement of the word count assigned
- As always, the word count is ONLY for the BODY of the paper – the cover page, reference page, and / or Appendix (if included) do not count towards the word count for the paper
- Indent the first line of each new paragraph five spaces
- Refer to the example APA paper in the getting started folder under the content tab if you need an example. Also, a Power Point is provided under the information tab that addresses APA format.
- Use double-spacing / zero point line spacing, a running header, page numbers, and left justify the margins.
Resources from course – (Use Minimum 5 + your research)
1. Hughes, A., Park, A. Kietzmann, J., & Archer-Brown, C. (2019). Beyond Bitcoin: What Blockchain and distributed ledger technologies mean for firms. Business Horizons, 62, 273-281.
2. Gale, S. F. (2018, July/August). Blockchain: The future of HR? Workforce, 97(4), 10.
3. Morkunas, V. J., Paschen, J., & Boon, E. (2019). How Blockchain technologies impact your business model. Business Horizons, 62, 295-306.
4. Bussgang, J. J., Berk, E. B., & Schwalb, N. (2019, January 15). AirFox (A): Embracing the Blockchain and an ICO. Harvard Business School.
5. Tapscott, D., & Tapscott, A. (2017, Winter). How Blockchain will change organizations. MIT Sloan Management Review, 58(2), 9-13.
6. Schatsky, D., Arora, A., & Dongre, A. (2018). Blockchain and the five vectors of progress. Deloitte Insights, 1-9. Retrieved September 5, 2019 from https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/insights/focus/signals-for-strategists/value-of-blockchain-applications-interoperability.html
7. Anelis, J. & da Silva, E. R. (2019). Blockchain adoption: A value driver perspective. Business Horizons, 62, 307-314.
8. Wang, X., Hui Zhang, L. F., Lyu, C., & Yue You, L.W. (2017). Human resource information management model based on Blockchain technology. IEEE Symposium on Service-Oriented System Engineering, 168-173. DOI: 10.1109/SOSE.2017.34
Resources from peers – (Use minimum 3 + your research research)
1. Fachrunnisa, O., & Hussain, F. K. (2020). Blockchain-based human resource practices for mitigating skills and competencies gap in workforce. International Journal of Engineering Business Management, Vol. 2, 1-11. doi:https//10.1177/1847979020966400
2. Hegadekatti, K. (2018). Blockchain and Human Resources Management. Journal of Development Economics. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3232203
3. BasuMallik. C (2020, Jan 28). 10 Startups Using Blockchain to Answer Key HR Questions in 2020. HR Technologist. https://www.hrtechnologist.com/articles/digital-transformation/top-blockchain-hr-startups/
4. Rotich. K.J (2015). History, Evolution, and Development of human resource management: a contemporary perspective. Global Journal of Human Resource Management Vol.3, No.3, pp.58-73, May 2015.
5. Arun, J. S. (2019). Blockchain for Business. New York: Pearson Addison-Wesley
18 barriers to enterprise blockchain adoption. (2018, November 5). 10XTS. https://10xts.com/insights/18-barriers-to-enterprise-blockchain-adoption/
6. Mignon, V. (2019). Blockchains – perspectives and challenges. Blockchains, Smart Contracts, Decentralised Autonomous Organisations and the Law, 1-17. https://doi.org/10.4337/9781788115131.00007
7. Morkunas, V. J., Paschen, J., & Boon, E. (2019). How blockchain technologies impact your business model. Business Horizons, 62(3), 295-306. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bushor.2019.01.009