For this assignment, address the following seven parts in a Word document:Part 1: Overview of the company (one paragraph)
- State the name of the company.
- Provide a brief overview of the company you selected, including a description of its business operations.
- State the current market price per share.
Part 2: Income statements (one to two paragraphs)
- Summarize key trends in revenues, operating income, and net income over the last 3 years.
Part 3: Common size income statements (one paragraph)
- Evaluate the trends in gross margin, operating income margin, and net profit margin over the past 3 years.
Part 4: Balance sheets (one to two paragraphs)
- Summarize key trends in total assets, total current assets, total current liabilities, long-term debt, and total shareholders’ equity over the past 3 years.
Part 5: Common size balance sheets (one paragraph)
- Evaluate the trends in total current assets as a percent (%) of total assets, total current liabilities as a percent (%) of total assets, long-term debt as percent (%) of total assets, and total shareholders’ equity as a percent (%) of total assets over the past 3 years.
Part 6: Cash flow (one paragraph)
- Calculate simple cash flow for the past 3 years.
- Show your calculations.
- Summarize the trend in simple cash flow for the past 3 years.
- Compare the simple cash flow to the net operating cash flow from the statement of cash flows for the past 3 years.
Part 7: Financial analysis conclusion: (one paragraph)
- Determine the strengths and weaknesses of the company based primarily on the trends in items discussed from the income statements, balance sheets, common size income statements, and common size balance sheets, as well as the comments on cash flow.
- Create a table that indicates whether each financial fact is a strength or a weakness.
- Determine the overall financial strength of the company based on the financial facts included as strengths or weaknesses.
- Categorize the overall financial performance of the company as strong, neutral, or weak.
- Justify your conclusion based on the table you created
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length including any tables or calculations (but not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA StyleLinks to an external site. as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Microsoft WordLinks to an external site.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper in bold font
- Space should be between title and the rest of the information on the title page.
- Student’s name
- Name of institution (The University of Arizona Global Campus)
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Due date
- Title of paper in bold font
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic VoiceLinks to an external site. resource for additional guidance.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References ListLinks to an external site. resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
- Must cite where the financial statement information comes from