Imagine that you’ve just graduated and have been hired to be a manager for a small startup company called Gear Unlimited. The company supplies local sports teams with official jerseys and clothing. This clothing is worn by the players and sold to the fans by the teams. Gear Unlimited currently has 20 employees but is planning on expanding to three other cities within the next two years.
The business is brand new and still in the process of making decisions about how to organize. They’ve seen your educational background and have asked your opinion on the topic. Specifically, ownership wants you to pick an organizational structure that you suggest they use and present that choice to them.
Make use of Microsoft Power Point and complete the following:
Components of the Presentation
- A title slide.
- At least 1 slide that summarizes your choice for the company.
- Choose from geographic, matrix, functional, or divisional organizational structure.
- At least 1 slide that explains the advantages of this structure.
- At least 1 slide that explains the disadvantages of this structure.
- At least 1–2 slides that explain why you think this is the best choice and relates that choice to Gear Unlimited’s business.