main steps involved in preparing any type of speech include the following:
- Choose the Right Topic
- Narrow Your Topic
- Locate Supporting Material
- Structure Your Speech
- Prepare an Outline
- Deliver Your Speech
Step 2 Prepare an introduction speech.
In a one-page outline, consider the following as you prepare your speech:
- Brainstorm what your fellow classmates might find interesting about you for this introduction speech. Consider family history, stories about your childhood, significant life events, or your accomplishments.
- Narrow your ideas down to a specific topic, theme, or anecdote. List the specific topic or title for your speech.
- When locating supporting materials for your introduction speech, think about any visual aids that may support your delivery.
- Remember to think about how you will open and close your introduction speech. Include those notes in your outline.
Step 3 Save and submit your assignment using the outline template. We will be using the outline format for all speeches in here. Please see the announcements for more