I have attached the outline of the Capstone paper which will need to be fleshed out into 14 pages based on the following instructions.
Your paper should include:
– Personal identity as a chaplain (calling vs. vocation)
– Historical foundations of chaplaincy (include St Martin of Tours and his significance)
– Theological foundations as they apply to chaplaincy: II Corinthians 1:3-7; Luke 10:25-37; Mathew 5-7; others in addition if helpful.
– The ancient art of Hospitality and its significance in Chaplaincy
– Ethical foundations of chaplaincy as grounded in Scripture
– Theological concepts of caring, comforting, and serving as key chaplaincy skills (ground each of these skills in their Biblical roots, Greek, Hebrew, meaning, etc.)
– Listening skills, empathy, compassion, sustaining, guiding, healing, reconciling
– Professional preparation as a chaplain (theological mandates behind being prepared)
– An introduction that concludes with your thesis statement.
– The main body of the paper with points that develop the thesis.
– A conclusion that wraps up the content and intent of the paper.
***As a writing style we are using Chicago Manual of Style (CMOS). Notice, we are NOT USING FOOTNOTES or a BIBLIOGRAPHY at the end of your written works. However, on ALL assignments we will use CMOS Author/Date style (in-text citations style) of citing sources with a CMOS Resources Cited list at the end of all your writing submissions. The Resources Cited list follows Kate Turabian\\\’s standard listings for bibliographic material listed in her book, A Manual for Writers, 9th edition. See Chapters 18 & 19 for details.***