Operation Stop Hack
Suppose you have recently responded to your first computer forensic incident. The case in question involves a potential underground hacking ring, which the police, working in conjunction with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) have been investigating for several years. It has since been determined that an IP address confirms that location, and the identity of one of the suspects. Warrants have been issued for search and seizure of all electronic devices found on the premises.View the setup found in the suspect’s home. Then document your findings and secure all relevant evidence.
Write a 2–3 page paper in which you:
- Investigate the legal statutes involved in this type of case and outline specific legal consideration to take when collecting evidence.
- Pre-plan how to approach the crime scene, documenting the steps and procedures to process the digital evidence.
- Analyze the crime scene diagram and document and tag each device that will be collected for evidence, specifying the importance of each device.
- Use the Strayer Library to conduct your research. Use no less than three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed and double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides. Citations and references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.