1. What does Sylvia Earle mean when she refers to the ocean as our “life support system?”
2. Do you agree or disagree that “health to the ocean means health to us?” Explain.
3. Which image or graphic shown by Sylvia Earle impressed you the most? Why?
4. What new information did you learn from Sylvia Earle’s speech?
5. Sylvia Earle’s goal is “to ignite public support for a global network of marine protected
areas.” What do you think Marine Protected Areas (MPAs) are?
6. Sylvia Earle’s wish is for humans to do everything we can to reach that goal. What can
you do to help?