[Table of Contents (and page number)
3. Micro Analysis
3.3.1Porter’s 5 forces analysis
18.104.22.168 Competition in the industry
22.214.171.124 Potential of new entrants into the industry
126.96.36.199 Power of suppliers
188.8.131.52 Power of customers
184.108.40.206 Threat of substitute products
3.3.2Competitor Perceptual Map
5.TOWs and Strategic analysis
5.2 Strategic Analysis
1. Appendix 1: Company overview
2. Appendix 2: Macro analysis : PEEST
3. Appendix 3: Micro analysis, customer segmentation, 5 forces and competitor perceptual map
4. Appendix 4: Internal analysis, marketing capabilities, marketing assets, 7Ps, and CBBE model.
Reference: Harvard referencing. ]
1. Adapted from: Kotler,P. and Keller, K. (2016) Marketing management. 15th edition. New Jersey, Pearson Prentice Hall.
2. Marketing Audit originally developed by Kotler, P., Gregor, W. and Rodgers, W.– see Kotler, P., Gregor, W.T. & Rodgers, W.H. (1989) The Marketing Audit Comes of Age, Sloan management review, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 49 – 62.
The Assessment Task
The purpose of this assessment is to produce a marketing audit that would support a marketing plan. The audit should be produced for a company (or business unit) of automotive (EV) and should focus on the UK only.
You should conduct independent research using quality secondary sources, fully referenced, to provide the evidence to support your analysis e.g. Mintel, MarketLine Advantage, ABI Global, newspapers, journals, company websites etc.
This Marketing Audit is limited in scope and should contain the following areas: (A full Audit, based on Kotler’s format, can be seen under Assessment Information)
• Macro analysis (PEEST)
• Micro analysis (market, customers and competitors)
• Internal analysis (strategy, functions, productivity) 2
• One-page TOWS matrix and key strategic challenges summary
• Appendices (supporting information/model analysis, not included in the word count – two sides maximum for each appendix)
Appendix 1: Company Overview to include; name, type, size, key competitors, customers, products/services, specific area of focus for your audit – company or business unit and country.
Appendix 2: supporting Macro model/framework application
Appendix 3: supporting Micro model/framework application
Appendix 4: supporting Internal model/framework application
This should be in report format. Your discussion in the main body should be succinct, referring to the information/model analysis in your appendices. This should be addressed in a level 7 academic style. It should show:
• critical awareness in relation to the identification and application of relevant models/frameworks, analysis, evaluation, synthesis and original insights
• appropriate academic English for level 7 work
• appropriate support from secondary literature supported by appropriate Harvard referencing.