Managing data in the cloud can be a very difficult task. it is made
Managing data in the cloud can be a very difficult task. It is made even more difficult when attempting to ensure performance and reliability. Once data are placed in the cloud, there are questions about how those data are accessed and audited, who can access the data, and whether data in the cloud be tracked back to their original owner. In this assignment, explore how cloud data are accessed by users, cloud providers, and law enforcement; examine 2 important components of cloud technology—data provenance and process provenance; and make an argument for the performance and reliability of one provider of cloud technology.
- You are the IT manager for a small electronics manufacturer with several valuable technical patents and an emerging international market. You have been tasked with providing a report on the viability of moving the company’s data to the cloud.
- Keeping the scenario in mind, research cloud data provenance and process provenance, making sure you address the following points:
- Create a strategic plan to move the company’s data to the cloud while still ensuring data security.
- Explain the differences between cloud data provenance and process provenance.
- Explain 3 challenges in managing data in the cloud.
- List and describe the problems with data access in the cloud and ownership.
- Give a recommendation on the ability to remain anonymous in the cloud.
- Explore and recommend a company policy that addresses law enforcement requests and data security.
- Choose 1 provider of cloud technology, and report on the performance and reliability of its product.
- What other ways are there to optimize cloud performance and reliability?
- What are the risks of data ownership when cloud data are load-balanced to servers housed outside of the United States?
Your submitted assignment must include the following:
- A double-spaced paper of 3–5 pages that covers cloud data provenance and process provenance
- A title page that includes your name, course number, and unit number
- A reference list in APA format