You are Sam Smith, a network technician with Global Packaging. You have been asked to configure the Internet Protocol (IP) address and subnet mask on a local host computer to enable IP connectivity. For this assignment, include the following:
- Write a summary explaining why the IP address and subnet mask enable computers to communicate with each other on that network.
- Briefly explain how you know that the host computer was placed on the correct subnet.
- Discuss the relationship between IP addressing, DNS and DHCP.
- Describe briefly the different types of network messages.
- Provide relevant research to support your statements.
- Submit your individual work in a Word document approximately 1-3 pages in length to the Small Group submission area.