Evaluate human resources strategies, practices, and tactics for achieving optimal workforce performance within the healthcare field.
Student Success Criteria
View the grading rubric for this deliverable by selecting the “This item is graded with a rubric” link, which is located in the Details & Information pane.
Wynn Regional Medical Center (WRMC) recently received a letter of resignation from the Human Resources Director. This is the second HR Director who has resigned in the last year. The HR Department has been in disarray due to the departures and many policies have not been implemented. Some positions have been left vacant for months due to a lack of knowledge about what sort of skill sets are needed to succeed in those roles.
As the newly hired Vice President of Human Resources, the CEO of WRMC has asked you to develop a written hiring proposal that includes information on recruiting, training, and succession planning for the new HR Director. The proposal should be a Word document and address the following:
- How do you plan on finding a qualified HR Director? Where will you advertise the position? What are you looking for in a qualified candidate?
- When you select the best applicant, how will you train him or her? Who will train them? How long will they train? What are the top five items that he or she will need to be trained on?
- Describe what a succession plan is and the importance of having one in an organization.
- How will you ensure that the department is prepared if this HR Director resigns? Who will serve in the HR Director capacity on an interim basis?
- If you need writing assistance, see the Rasmussen Writing Guide.